A commerce student wanting to change field to science

Misbah Patel
Do not discourage me after reading this but please listen. I always loved maths and physics but i hated Organic chemistry so in order to avoid chemistry i ended up choosing commerce with maths.
Now, I am in 2nd yr of my college doing BBA. My class 11th and 12th was in lockdown so i did not study at all to be honest i did not know basics of accounts. So i actually started learning commerce in my college and after studying for 1.5 yrs i am realizing that i am not made for commerce. My heart still wants physics and maths.

I tried exploring paths in commerce but nothing interests me.
I dont think I will be able to sustain in this path.
I love studying but not commerce

Physics news on Phys.org
You could start to study calculus, real and complex, and see whether it suits you better, in order to have a real comparison. It is by the way something that won't be in vain.

Misbah Patel said:
Do not discourage me after reading this but please listen. I always loved maths and physics but i hated Organic chemistry so in order to avoid chemistry i ended up choosing commerce with maths.
Now, I am in 2nd yr of my college doing BBA. My class 11th and 12th was in lockdown so i did not study at all to be honest i did not know basics of accounts. So i actually started learning commerce in my college and after studying for 1.5 yrs i am realizing that i am not made for commerce. My heart still wants physics and maths.

I tried exploring paths in commerce but nothing interests me.
I dont think I will be able to sustain in this path.
I love studying but not commerce
First, have you taken any physics and math courses at your university? Then, what are your options? At your university, do you have the option of switching majors (e.g., to physics or math)? And if you do, is there a requirement to take chemistry, and would you be willing to fulfill that requirement to achieve your goal?

Misbah Patel said:
My heart still wants physics and maths.
What was the last time (which grade) you did any formal study in Physics and Maths? 10th? 12th? If you decide to re-start college/university as a science (physics / maths) student, they might expect that you have some formal education in these subjects.

One option might be to consider AP classes in Physics and Maths. Even with AP classes, I suspect you will need a 12th-grade certificate that includes Physics and Maths to be accepted into a university. The best advice I can offer is to talk to your college's career counselor.