Working at a French château: cooking, horses and photography

  • Thread starter Thread starter Andre
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
50 replies · 10K views
You're welcome of course.

Anyway two more then, after she galoped away...

2e4kytj.jpg


... I had this paradise view walking back to the lodge

359zv4o.jpg
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I showed my wife the pictures, and she said "beautiful girl!" Hope you can pry her out of bed on some magic morning with the reddish-golden light that you captured before.
 
Oh my niece is happy to get out of bed for the photoshoots. She asked me to make her a portefolio as she toys with the idea to do some modelling. So this morning, no magic light unfortunately, due to some hazy upper clouds, but it was mild for models.

2i6oymu.jpg


Afraid we are running of windows of opportunity, she is gone for a few days and when she returns, my time here is ending.
 
So after a long day of pix-shooting sessions, chores, gardening, cooking (beet salad, quiche, chocolat mousse), I thought I decided to sleep in today.

Yeah, right.

This was what I saw when peeking through the shutters of my bedroom window, a bit early:

wb6g4m.jpg


Okay, so, that's definitely not a sleep-in morning.

Such a dense fog in the valley sends patches up when the sun burns on it, this highly underestimated process is called convection. But this happens when such a patch of fog passes along:

2e3y7p2.jpg


Meanwhile, the alert observer will notice that this proces also leaves millions of micro- diamonds on the vegation:

1jvsdy.jpg


Back in my room, shortly before processing the pix and making this post, I shot this:

f3g65k.jpg
 
Every morning the view is different,
Remind me please, when I'm back home, to do some HDR-ing with this one, that I took this morning.

255m1cz.jpg


Power of ten-ing: to the right on the horizon, Mont Vallier

b7dim0.jpg
 
Never mind the reminding, I decided to try it right now:

29l1b92.jpg


The colors have only been intensified but not changed.
 
:) wow! amazing pictures! I love hawkmoths! when I first saw them live I didn't know what to make of them! didnt know whether they were insects or birds cos they were so huge and flew so fast!
 
Sounds and looks like a wonderful trip! Fantastic photos to go with it.
 
Anyway, for some reason I went south again, maybe the pix I shot this week would hint why I like to be there a lot.

Same girl, same horse, Montcru in the background

28p8xw.jpg


jf8dgz.jpg


The view with 300mm tele

nnumfk.jpg


Sunrise moments:

291l05s.jpg


Same Mount Vallier again but now at a November sunrise

23i9p9j.jpg


24mzzmh.jpg


142ss8y.jpg
 
Thanks all, it's a pleasure to share them,

Chewy0087, it may look stunning but it's no magic. All you need is a good DSLR (Canon EOS 550D in this case) and a decent rapid focussing macro lens (EF 100mm F2.8 USM) and a good synchronized flash (Speedlite 430EX II), a lot of patience and a little luck.
 
And again au chateau.

I'd like to share some of my holiday pix taken yesterday. Relaxing on the roof

t80rd2.jpg


a4wopy.jpg


zmnsy1.jpg


2rqczsx.jpg


and the view from there was gorgeous too, (since she took the pictures).
 
I guess heaven needs a bit of maintenance now and then.
 
They just have problems finding an engineer. And suing Hell... well, you know what I mean.
 
Sounds like a perfect holiday Andre. :biggrin:


Well as long as you're enjoying it :)