Andy Murray's about to take on Nadal in the Aussie Open

1. The *latest* great British hope Andy Murray's about to take on Nadal in the Aussie Open...

...best bit about this is the Aussie commentary - available through the AO website.

"How many out of 10 would you give Maria?" :rofl:

They wouldn't get away with that on the BBC :biggrin:

2. jcsd
  3. ZapperZ

ZapperZ 30,258
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Still, the biggest story so far out of the Aussie Open is Serena Williams. If she continues to put this much heart and attention to tennis, this year's season will be very interesting.

Zz.

4. Yeah - I hope Serena keeps going, she's looking good to reach the final (from her side of the draw); and unseeded, of course!

5. Gokul43201

Gokul43201 11,141
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Them's Aussies! They can say whatever they bloody well please!

Murray will win the first set, but Nadal will win the next three (the second one going to a tie-breaker).

6. They get so many "challenges" in this tournament - where they can go to the video if they think a ball was in.

Very gimmicky but Murray just got a call overruled in the tiebreak :cool:

And Andy just won the set by getting a challenge right over the umpire:rofl:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  7. I think Nadal will blow Murray off the court. Though i would prefer Murray to win.

Clijsters wins the women's tournament !

marlon

8. The Aussies call a double-handed backhand a double fister! :rofl: :devil: o:)

9. ZapperZ

ZapperZ 30,258
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

[ZapperZ won't go there...]

Bud Collins calls someone who plays two-handed on both sides a Double Chrissie, after Christ Evert.

Zz.

10. That's much nicer :smile:

11. Andy just got the 3rd set!!!

12. siddharth

siddharth 1,197
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Both of them are playing fantastic! I think that Nadal will outlast Murray and win the fifth
    It's 3-0 now. Hard to see Murray coming back from here.

13. yep , i think so too.

marlon

14. Gokul43201

Gokul43201 11,141
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Nadal closes it out easily. Murray's only chance was to win in straight sets...and he came close.

15. He certainly did - it's a shame.

16. I hope Serena beats Maria - if she does, she'll be the first unseeded woman to do so for 29 years (I think... vague fact from the radio).

17. Gokul43201

Gokul43201 11,141
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Federer, wow!

18. verty

verty 1,934
    Homework Helper

Federer needs someone to step up to his level, someone who can return powerfully to either side of the court from either side of the court and playing forehand or backhand. A pretty tall order.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?