Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Any resolutions made for the New Year?

1. Jan 23, 2008 #1

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How's everyone doing on any resolutions made for the New Year?

Mine: Obey the posted speed limit.

• Good progress on side streets.
    • Caught self doing 70-mph in a 60-mph zone on the freeway once, but generally staying within 2 or 3 mph of posted limit.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 23, 2008 #2
    I'm going to make a resolution right now-----

to remember to make some resolutions next year
  4. Jan 23, 2008 #3
    I don't believe in making New Year's resolutions, since it's hard for me to take some number on a calendar seriously...

However, it so happens that when I got back to school this semester, a few people in the office decided that they were going to make a weight loss bet, so I joined. I guess that's sort of like a New Year's resolution. So far I've actually been eating healthy and working out. We'll see how long that lasts. Admittedly it's a bit difficult when I'm not fat to begin with.
  5. Jan 23, 2008 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

LOL! I hope the bet is based on % lost, not absolute. Couple, three pounds and you're good :smile:!
  6. Jan 23, 2008 #5

Gold Member

I resolved to up my IQ but i forgot to get the books needed.
  7. Jan 23, 2008 #6

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

My resolution to smoke more cigarettes has already fizzled. My goal was to get to two packs a day by the end of January. As of now I have only gotten around to thinking about buying my first pack. Sometimes taming your willpower is the hardest thing ever. It feels like I'd have an easier time climbing Mt Washington in a blizzard.

Yeah, did that on the first day this year.
  8. Jan 24, 2008 #7
    Show off. :biggrin:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?