Ballboy fakes injury to help his team win a match

  • Thread starter Thread starter BobG
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
Science Advisor
Messages
365
Reaction score
88
What rubbish! I can't believe the referee actually fell for the ballboy's act and red carded Hazard! I hope they fine the ballboy (although a lot of good that will do - his club will pay the fine out of gratitude!)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd38KUjmOho

It just amazes me the depths that sportsmen (and women) will drop to in order to win. Armstrong's doping, Victoria Azarenka's ten minute "injury" timeout to compose herself after blowing 5 straight match points, and a hometown ballboy that somehow "I've fallen on the ball and can't get up" (that's a new verb by the way) just when the hometown team needs to kill the clock to advance.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org