Big business risk paid off - now planning ahead

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Future
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
15 replies · 3K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
8,252
Reaction score
2,666
I just put about 50% of my business on the line and it paid off!

Every significant success in my life involved significant risk. The lesson that I have learned over and over is this: Don't be afraid to get your head cut off; you'll grow a new one.

Just celebrating and thinking in text [like thinking out-loud]. :biggrin:

Time to pick out a new computer. :-p
 
Physics news on Phys.org
"Don't be afraid to get your head cut off;" you can always steal/borrow some one else' head!

hmmm... I guess the main risk is here: whether this new head works well or not!
 
Well its your job to make sure you stole a working head.

What an idiot would be a burglar that steals a broken TV.
 
That's right! But I think if the owner has a working head, s/he never let me steal his/her head! :-p
 
rachmaninoff said:
I don't think my species re-grows lost heads. :frown:
It's a good thing he didn't realize that before taking the risk. :biggrin:

Way to go Ivan!
 
Thanks.

This one was pretty scary. It could have killed the business.
 
Behind every successful man there is a woman... :biggrin: :wink:
 
Tsu said:
Behind every successful man there is a woman... :biggrin: :wink:
I knew it!

Congrats Ivan! :approve:
 
she left out the last part of the sentence.

...with a pitch fork and credit cards!