Big Hero 6's portrayal of future science and nanobots

  • Thread starter Thread starter Algr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Reflection
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
Algr
Messages
949
Reaction score
497
In reference to sarcasm in another thread, no it is NOT as good as Interstellar. But it was a quite good film for the most part. It actually shares the optimism about the future that is much needed lately, as well as a fairly realistic picture of what science development is like. (Compared to Dr Who, which lately seems to have learned physics from Harry Potter.)

I liked the floating wind turbines above San Frantokyo, but I couldn't help wondering what fraction of the public would understand what they were supposed to be.

The only big problem for me: Hero's nanobots were so powerful at the beginning that I couldn't help wondering what he even needed to go to college for. It seems they also made some rather huge changed from the comics, so Marvel fans might not be happy.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Algr said:
In reference to sarcasm in another thread, no it is NOT as good as Interstellar.
Well, that's YOUR opinion. Personally, I and all of the other 7 year olds there liked it better.
 
I don't put any stock in that kind of stat. Guardians of the Galaxy got huge $$$ the first weekend and I thought it was really bad.