Brain doesn't want to do physics anymore

In summary: I was about to jump on his back, but I had a feeling English isn't his first language. So, I looked at his profile, and it says he's from Bangladesh. His English is better than most facebook users!
Ryan007
I'm currently reviewing the last chapter of griffiths e&m (relativity) in preparation for griffiths elementary particles. I've chosen to do particle physics for my master's thesis.

I've got total brain fog. I had never studied particle physics before, so reading the first 2 chapters was fascinating. I got a boost of motivation because I feel like it's "my field." Then I go back to reviewing relativity, which I've already done 2 years ago, so I've forgotten it, but it shouldn't be harder the 2nd time around! Maybe because it's not new and novel? My brain doesn't want to do physics anymore. It makes me so stressed out! I know summer has just begun but I've actually taken 3 semesters off from school so far due to arthritis in the hip (a genetic condition). I'm hoping to go back this fall. Now I'm not so confident that I can. Maybe it's the stress of all the crap that I have to deal with that's affecting my ability to study.

Physics news on Phys.org
it happens sumtym but doesn't mean u will stop it..4m ma personal experience physics is da most interesting subject i have ever seen..u just need 2 refresh ur mind n den cum back 2 track..m v new 2 physics forum..dont even know how 2 start but i think i will get it soon..if ther is any way 2 help each oder by discussion or chat or something like dat den i wod like 2 help n be helped by oder..dont loose ur confident..tc

SAMZZZ111 said:
it happens sumtym but doesn't mean u will stop it..4m ma personal experience physics is da most interesting subject i have ever seen..u just need 2 refresh ur mind n den cum back 2 track..m v new 2 physics forum..dont even know how 2 start but i think i will get it soon..if ther is any way 2 help each oder by discussion or chat or something like dat den i wod like 2 help n be helped by oder..dont loose ur confident..tc

What would definitely help is to write in a comprehensible way.

ectrhoi said:
What would definitely help is to write in a comprehensible way.

I was about to jump on his back, but I had a feeling English isn't his first language. So, I looked at his profile, and it says he's from Bangladesh.

His English is better than most facebook users!

[off topic]Most Facebook users' first language isn't English, either, though ;)[/off topic]

What are the possible reasons for a person's brain not wanting to do physics anymore?

There could be several reasons for this, including burnout, lack of interest or motivation, mental health issues, or a shift in career goals.

Can a person's brain change its preferences and stop liking physics?

Yes, the human brain is constantly evolving and adapting, and it is not uncommon for a person's interests and preferences to change over time.

How can a person reignite their passion for physics if their brain has lost interest?

There are several strategies that can help, such as taking a break from physics to pursue other interests, seeking out new challenges and learning opportunities, and connecting with others who share a passion for physics.

Is it normal for a scientist's brain to experience burnout or loss of interest in their field?

Yes, burnout and loss of interest are common experiences in any field, including science. It is important for scientists to prioritize self-care and take breaks when needed to prevent burnout.

Are there any long-term consequences for a scientist if their brain no longer wants to do physics?

This depends on the individual and their specific circumstances. In some cases, it may lead to a change in career or research focus, while in others it may just be a temporary phase. It is important for a scientist to listen to their brain and make decisions that align with their goals and well-being.