Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

By popular demand, Finnegan the Rat!

1. Jan 5, 2009 #1
    We just got our highspeed working (wahoo, the inner geek is content) here are some pics of my christmas gift.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He was being odd that evening in choosing to lay ON TOP of the box instead of INSIDE.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 5, 2009 #2
    omg! He is soooo cute! I had one just like him. Its too bad they dont live longer, Sebastian the rat was one of the best pets Ive ever had. Enjoy him!

4. Jan 5, 2009 #3

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well...I'm sure he's a very nice rat, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, for sure.

His head looks like it came from a different rat than the rest of his body. Kind of a Frankenrat look to him.

But I'm sure he's a very nice rat...certainly love his name :!!) !

Congrats on your new high speed!

5. Jan 5, 2009 #4

turbo

Gold Member

My best friend's son had a rat that he named after his grandfather (heh!) and the rat was a real sweetie. If you cuddled him in your hands, the next thing you knew, he'd scoot up to your shoulder to cuddle against your neck and lick your ears. Rats crave attention, so please be nice to Finnegan.

6. Jan 5, 2009 #5
    Yeah, hes pretty nice, I hope to train him to sit on your shoulder as our last rat (we got him at the age of 5 or so) did.

One of his favorite things to do so far is we'll set him on the back of the futon in the living room and we have a blanket on there for the cats that lay up there and he loves to run back and forth underneath the blanket. I'll get pics of that up sometime.

7. Jan 5, 2009 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Adorable Rat! Love his name.

Congrats on the high speed!

8. Jan 5, 2009 #7
    Cool rat man. When you teach it to talk, let me know haha.

9. Jan 5, 2009 #8

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What a sweet face!

10. Jan 5, 2009 #9
    There you are MIH, the popular demand was mainly referring to you, lol.

11. Jan 5, 2009 #10

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I must confess I was very eager to see him!

12. Jan 5, 2009 #11
    I could tell. LOL

13. Jan 5, 2009 #12
    Frankenrat. Ew.

14. Jan 5, 2009 #13
    Cute critter, Binzing

15. Jan 6, 2009 #14
    We should start a pet picture directory, similar to the member picture directory where we can all post pictures of our pets :tongue: . thoughts?

And nice rat binzing!

16. Jan 6, 2009 #15

Danger

Gold Member

That's a mighty fine looking rodent, Binzing.
    Since you had a previous rat, you know that they crave affection. I have no doubt that you'll be a terrific daddy.

17. Jan 6, 2009 #16
    He is adorable. All pet rats remind me of this movie.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uAJV4p0aet4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uAJV4p0aet4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

18. Jan 6, 2009 #17
    That would be alot of work for me, with a pot belly pig, 5 goats, 2 miniature donkeys, 6 dogs and 5 (or so) cats.

19. Jan 6, 2009 #18
    Coincidentally, my sons and I were just looking at the rats during our pet store trip yesterday. At first our youngest didn't like the idea, but I asked him to keep watching them. After a while, he noticed them running about and investigating... and even moving/flipping their little houses. One then came up to the part of the window where he was sitting and sniffed around (there were air holes in the glass so he could be heard and smelled). He decided they were cool.

We were, however, just there to get food for Cha-Cha (the cat). Fortunately, rat was not to be on her menu, which is also why I had to tell our youngest he'll unfortunately have to wait til he goes to college to get one (or at least til we get a larger abode, where he can possibly bar the cat from his room).

Rats are decidedly cool... and finnegan is decidedly cute. Right now, he's making me wish I had some time to be that languid. :biggrin:

20. Jan 6, 2009 #19

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hello Finnegan.

21. Jan 6, 2009 #20

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?