Calculating Flexural Wave Propagation Speed Along a Beam

• Thread starter billu
  • Start date
In summary, calculating the flexural wave propagation speed along a beam involves determining the bending stiffness and mass per unit length of the beam, as well as the boundary conditions and material properties. This information can then be used to solve the wave equation and determine the speed at which the flexural waves travel through the beam. The calculation can be complex and may require advanced mathematical techniques, but it is crucial for understanding the behavior and performance of beams in various applications.
billu
Hello every one,
I want to ask that what's the formula or equation to find flexural wave propagation speed along the beam??
please guide me with this. Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
billu said:
Hello every one,
I want to ask that what's the formula or equation to find flexural wave propagation speed along the beam??
please guide me with this. Thanks
Welcome to the PF.

This part of the forums is for New Member Introductions only (hence the name of the forum). Please start a new thread in the appropriate technical forum, and post links to the reading you have been doing on this and ask specific questions about what is confusing you.

If this is for schoolwork, please post in the Homework Help section of the PF.