Can a B.Tech student pursue a master's in astrophysics at IIA?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rashadkm
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Astrophysics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 7K views
rashadkm
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hi all,
I would like to pursue my master degree in astrophysics. I had completed my B.Tech in computer science from M.G university Kottayam,Kerala. Can I study astrophysics from IIA (Indian Institute of Astrophysics).
I am planning to do physics paper in JEST (Joint Entrance Screening Test). I started to go physics coaching classes as a part of my JEST preparation.

I want to know is it possible for me to do masters in astrophysics(in India) having a bachelor's in computer science
B.E students (any branch) can do masters in astrophysics at IIA. Can B.Tech students (compuer science) are also eligible?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Don't know if I am late but... students of any branch are eligible to take the JEST exam but as it is a Physics program, you need to be good with your physics and that is all what you need.