Can an HVAC Service Company Owner Learn Science Through Empirical Understanding?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wayne3210
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 835 views
Wayne3210
Messages
7
Reaction score
2
Just registered with the forum and following the "instructions"...:biggrin:

I'm not a "science professional". Studied physics long ago for my BS major, but have forgotten most of what I might have learned. Work was always technical in nature, but nowhere near any definition of "advanced". For the past two decades, I've made my living as a one-man HVAC service company owner...mostly "fixing" stuff. And there's a lot of science involved with fixing stuff I don't fully understand but have gained enough empirical understanding to be "proficient" at what I do.

Thanks for letting me in, and please be patient with my dumb questions that will occasionally follow...:smile:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Wayne3210 said:
Just registered with the forum and following the "instructions"...:biggrin:

I'm not a "science professional". Studied physics long ago for my BS major, but have forgotten most of what I might have learned. Work was always technical in nature, but nowhere near any definition of "advanced". For the past two decades, I've made my living as a one-man HVAC service company owner...mostly "fixing" stuff. And there's a lot of science involved with fixing stuff I don't fully understand but have gained enough empirical understanding to be "proficient" at what I do.

Thanks for letting me in, and please be patient with my dumb questions that will occasionally follow...:smile:
I am new or newly returned myself. What kind of systems do you install? Commercial or residential or a mix? I think the light commercial is going to start to go concealed duct with 4" pleated filters. Without the 4" pleated filters, the blower wheels and coils get too much build-up on them. Even a slight coating of pollen will render the blower wheels almost useless.