Can ECPE exam replace TOEFL or IELTS for US university applications?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nikon33
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    English
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Nikon33
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Hello everyone, I am a student in Greece and I am willing to go abroad for my undergraduate studies.

I am interested in Computer Engineering and I have list some universities in US and UK (most of them in US) to apply .

I have been told that I should either take a TOEFL or IELTS exam before applying.
I just got the FCE exam with a good grade and so I am also going to prepare for the ECPE (or CPE )exam this year.
Is it worth trying to get such a degree ?
Will it help me skip the application tests?
Is ECPE comparable to TOEFL?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I think it depends on the university, so you'll have to check with each one of them. But TOEFL and IELTS are the most widely accepted, I believe, and I see no point in trying to take other tests, the costs are probably the same anyway, as well.