Can Physics Provide Therapeutic Mental Stimulation?

• Thread starter HankDorsett
  • Start date
In summary, physics has the potential to provide therapeutic mental stimulation through its complex and thought-provoking concepts and principles. By engaging with these ideas, individuals may be able to improve their cognitive abilities, enhance their problem-solving skills, and even find a sense of mindfulness and relaxation. Additionally, the interdisciplinarity of physics allows for a wide range of applications in areas such as medicine and technology, which can further contribute to mental well-being. Although further research is needed, the integration of physics into therapeutic practices shows promising potential for promoting mental stimulation and overall mental health.
HankDorsett
Gold Member
I guess I should start with education before I get into this possible unique reason for being here.

I have almost no education in physics. I say almost no only because I have attended basic science classes. Because physics encompasses everything those classes should count, a little bit?

I'm not here because I decided one day to Journey down the path of physics, it is timing and need that showed me the door. After a couple years into a multi-year "vacation" away from a career in information technology I noticed I wasn't as sharp or quick-witted. I believe this decline was due to the lack of mental challenges while on vacation. In order to stop this decline I needed to find something to keep me mentally active and challenged(the need). The first two subjects that I used to fill this need failed miserably. Who knew that discussing ideas and conclusions regarding how politics became so dysfunctional and climate change could bring out extreme toxic and emotional responses from people. Almost immediately after I decided to run away from these a social media post on time dilation pulled me into physics(timing).

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to these forums.
If you are looking for real therapeutic mental stimulation from Physics, you may want to do more than participate here. You may want to start taking Physics courses - or at least tackle the course work.