Chances of Getting into PhD Program in Comp. Physics: 3.5 GPA, Top 20 LAC

  • Thread starter Thread starter Invyz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Academics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Invyz
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
PF Resident Academics...

I'd like to gauge my chances, seeing as there doesn't seem to be a large amount of statistics concerning phD acceptance.
I was wondering if you guys(or anyone extensively knowledgeable on the subject) could give me some insight on the quality of students accepted into phD programs. If I graduated with a GPA of 3.5, with the physics GPA being around 3.4-3.6 from a top 20 LAC with 2-3 research experiences along with extensive programming skills(including a computer science minor). Would I have a good chance to get into a phD program in computational physics? I realize the GRE is not included, but I can't necessarily estimate my possible score. Also I'm not sure if this helps but I'm of Filipino ethnicity. Any information is appreciated. xD
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org


Okay that site there seems to be many questions with little answers even searching through the forums, and the 2012 Physics Graduate School acceptance/rejection thread here on PF is only one page...