Create your own musical supergroups? (dead or alive)

• Music
  • Thread starter jduster
  • Start date
In summary, a musician dies and goes to hell, where Satan shows them a lineup of some of the greatest musicians of all time. The musician decides it has to be Keith Moon, and Satan says, "OK, you can have him."
jduster
George Harrison - Lead Vocals, Guitar
Eric Clapton - Lead Vocals, Guitar
Roger Waters - Bass
Ringo Starr - Drums

Stevie Nicks - Lead Vocals
David Bowie - Vocals, Rhythm Guitar
Jimmy Page - Lead Guitar
Geddy Lee - Bass
Keith Moon - Drums

Aretha Franklin - Vocals
Jimi Hendrix - Guitar
Jack Bruce - Bass
Ginger Baker - Drums

Science news on Phys.org
Eddie Murphy on vocals.
Dick Dale and John McLaughlin for guitar.
Noam Chomsky on bass.
Art Tripp III on percussion.
Luna on gayageum
Kenny G soprano sax.
Adolph Hitler on baritone sax.

It might sound kind of like this.

Here's a real-life super group, the Best Girls Band.

Last edited:
Goodness this is a toughie. I think I am the proverbial donkey who starved to death between two stacks of hay, because I couldn't choose from which one to eat.

Vocals: Tina Turner, Janice Joplin, John Lennon, Mick Jagger, David Bowie, Jim Morrison
Guitars: Jimmy Page, Johnny Winter, Jimi Hendrix, Carlos Santana, Jeff Beck,
Bass: Anthony Jackson, Jaco Pastorius, Tony Levin, Greg Lake
Drums: Dave Weckl, John Bonham, Bill Bruford, Virgil Donati, Mike Portnoy, Tony Williams
Keyboards: Rick Wakeman, Keith Emerson, Bob James, Keiko Matsui,
Horns: David Sanborn, Tom Fowler, Bruce Fowler, Gato Barbieri, Wynton Marsalis, Edgar Winter, Branford Marsalis

Obviously, any combination of these players might not make a great band, but if you put them together within their respective genres, you'd have some great music.

I can tell Jduster liked Cream :cool:

So, this musician dies and goes to hell. Satan says, "We've got a band here and I'd like you to join. Over here are our guitarists, Duane Allman and Jimi Hendrix. On bass we have John Entwistle. On keyboards, Rick Wright and our newest member, Keith Emerson." So this guy is thinking, "Who's the drummer? John Bonham? Keith Moon? Earl Palmer? Naw...it's got to be Moon. Or does it?"

In walks a skinny girl who sits on the throne and calls out "OK, everyone, in four - 'Rainy Days and Mondays'".

Likes Mondayman
Would love to see that lineup, regardless of who's beating the skins.

1. Who are the members of the musical supergroup?

The members of a musical supergroup would depend on the preferences of the person creating it. However, some popular choices include Freddie Mercury, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, and John Bonham.

2. What genres of music can be included in the supergroup?

The beauty of creating your own musical supergroup is that there are no limitations on the genres of music that can be included. You can mix and match any genres to create a unique sound.

3. Can I include both living and deceased musicians in the supergroup?

Yes, you can include any musician, dead or alive, in your supergroup. This is your opportunity to create a dream team of your favorite musicians, regardless of their current status.

4. How do I choose the members for my supergroup?

Choosing the members for your supergroup is a personal decision. It could be based on your favorite musicians, their musical skills, or their potential for collaboration. The possibilities are endless!

5. Is there a limit to the number of members in the supergroup?

No, there is no limit to the number of members in a musical supergroup. You can choose as many or as few members as you want to create your ultimate supergroup.

Back