Did the Man Who Wrote The Hokey Pokey Die Peacefully?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rcgldr
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 6K views
Homework Helper
Messages
8,948
Reaction score
687
Larry LaPrise, the man who wrote "The Hokey Pokey," died peacefully at the age of 83. The most traumatic part for his family was getting him into the coffin.

They put his left leg in. And then the trouble began …
 
Physics news on Phys.org
This was funnier before I discovered that he died (and the joke was invented) over 10 years ago.
 
Just because he's dead we can't tell a joke? It's still funny. You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out, and you shake it all about, doo doot de doo de doo dooo, dan na na na nana, that's what its all-a-bout!
 
It's the Hokey Cokey in England. I wonder if it was invented by a different chap, and they just happened to arrive at almost the same words and tune at the same time.
 
Just for this news, I think we'll stop playing It's a Small World today, and instead switch to playing The Hokey Pokey, exclusively, on the loudspeakers.
 
cyrusabdollahi said:
Just because he's dead we can't tell a joke? It's still funny. You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out, and you shake it all about, doo doot de doo de doo dooo, dan na na na nana, that's what its all-a-bout!

Hey I got burned by this before, not so long ago. I saw something so funny that I posted it in my blog - only to be ridiculed as living under a rock.:cry: I had to google this one to check the date.

Twice shy you know...
 
Hey, it's just like NBC (in the USA) states, if you haven't seen it before, it's new to you.