Did you enjoy all your major's classes in college?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eclair_de_XII
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Classes College
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 2K views
Eclair_de_XII
Messages
1,085
Reaction score
92
...relating to your major?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Just out of curiosity, what does it matter? I mean, what good does it do you to know whether I, or anyone else, enjoyed my major classes or not?
 
Eclair_de_XII said:
...relating to your major?
Some you like and some you do not like. If you want to complete a degree in any chosen major field, you must tolerate both and make the honest effort to learn.
 
Of course not! There were some that were dull as dust, and some that were profoundly exciting.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Math100
No, and there were some I particularly hated.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Math100
phinds said:
what does it matter?

I guess I'm just idling in my thoughts, pointlessly regretting not taking the classes I was somewhat in interested in taking in my college career, but chose not to, because I could choose a set of classes that are scheduled in such a way that my work hours are maximized. There are lots of things I regret not doing in college, and this is one of them; there are plenty more things I regret, but I am not in the mood to bore people by talking about these regrets.

Thanks, everyone, for sharing their thoughts and experiences on the matter, besides.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Math100
phinds said:
Just out of curiosity, what does it matter? I mean, what good does it do you to know whether I, or anyone else, enjoyed my major classes or not?
The question matters, because a student cannot and should not expect to like every course needed for an undergraduate degree program.

post-ad : As I rethink this, it does not really answer the original question. It does nothing more than restate what the student asked, but as a declaration instead.
 
Last edited:
Eclair_de_XII said:
...relating to your major?
No. In my day we had revolving blackboards that went up to the ceiling in our two storey lecture theatre. One lecturer wrote maths equations so fast they disappeared over the top faster than I could write them down let alone keep up with his reasoning. Amazingly one or two students out of the 100 or so could even spot when he had made a mistake!
 
symbolipoint said:
The question matters, because a student cannot and should not expect to like every course needed for an undergraduate degree program.
Fair enough, but any human who expects to like EVERYTHING about any aspect of life is likely to be in for a hard life of disappointment and students are no exception.