Yeah, I'm sorry about Celine DeJour.
But ,then, I didn't pay her to sing the American Anthem at the SuperBowl 2002. In fact, I wouldn't ever have heard her sing if it wasn't for that and Vegas making a big deal out of her.
Shania Twain's one I think's ok... she's got a good American name (Mark Twain). She did the Canadian Juno Awards (like the US's Grammies) where she cleaned up but good. Her coolest thing was that she had about 15 dresses designed to mimic every hockey jersey in the CHL. They were sequened and so on... really cool. She changed dresses between presentations like she was a real performer or something, eh?
But, let's not go there where the CDN bands are. Unless you want to get into RUSH... no, not Lombard.
I can tell you this since CDN troops and diplomats are getting suicide bombers targeting them in Afganistan anyway... we had techies in Iraq for the initial push. Techies and specialists... that's all I'm saying. So, when you see images of Prime Minister Poutine (joke) railing against assisting the US in Iraq, its "horse hockey".
Something that may not have made it into the list of inventions is the Magnetic Cell Separation Unit. It was originally used to separate samples of ore from other material. My good friend in stemcell research came up with the idea and it stuck. It uses a magnetic colloidal technique by adhereing anti-bodies laced with iron to the target cell. The magnet pulls the tagged cell out of the blood. It has potential for separating HIV-AIDS from the blood as well as many, many other malfunctioning eurythrocytes that will attract antibodies.
Here's the technical info:
http://www.stemcell.com/technical/stemsep03.pdf
Here's the home page
http://www.stemcell.com