Do other schools give mugs for summer graduate sessions?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hypatia
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
15 replies · 3K views
hypatia
Messages
1,192
Reaction score
10
Today in the mail came a mug from U of Michigan.
On the mug says...Graduate Summer Session in Epidemiology. And a short note with it says ..a certificate will be sent on request. So if I don't send for it, years down the road, if anyone asks me about continued schooling..I just show them the mug!
Do other schools do this?



Picture14.jpg
 
Physics news on Phys.org
:devil: Hits hypatia on the back of the head with her mug.

Glad it was only a ceramic mug. :smile:
 
jeez, yea a steel mug would of killed me! But honestly, the last time I took a summer course, they had a little party and handed you the cert. They could send me a mug, but not a 8x10 piece of paper?


{crosses Teddy Ruxpin off the list}
 
hypatia said:
{crosses Teddy Ruxpin off the list}
:cry: :cry: :cry:

NOOOOO!

I just hit you out of relief that you hadn't been actually harmed. :rolleyes:

It is pretty funny that they sent a mug and no certificate. They couldn't have packed them together?

<send Evo a Ruxpin>
 
Evo said:
:cry: :cry: :cry:

NOOOOO!

I just hit you out of relief that you hadn't been actually harmed. :rolleyes:

It is pretty funny that they sent a mug and no certificate. They couldn't have packed them together?

<send Evo a Ruxpin>


Oh I see, I was wacked cause I wasen't actually..ummm wacked?
Ok your back on the good girl list.:rolleyes:
 
:smile: That's the oddest thing I've ever heard. They'll go through all the trouble and expense of mailing a mug, but not a certificate that could have been tucked inside a normal envelope? Maybe they tried selling the mugs to last year's class and realized they just have to give them away to clear out the closet space they're taking up. :smile:
 
Hmm Maybe some high pressure mug saleman got to them.:smile:

does it say "made in china" on the bottom of the mug?
 
When you title your thread, "I've been muged!", what do you expect us to think?!

All I could think was, "I never even huged her!" And that just really buged me. I thought, "I would have luged a sled down an ice coated chute to have seen her."

Then my dog tuged on my ear and I snapped out of it.
 
hypatia said:
Ok your back on the good girl list.:rolleyes:
You've gone dyslexic again. That should read "Okay, you're on the list of girls who are good on their backs."
 
hypatia said:
Today in the mail came a mug from U of Michigan.
On the mug says...Graduate Summer Session in Epidemiology. And a short note with it says ..a certificate will be sent on request.
I don't get it. Did you actually take this course, or is it some kind of ad for the course? Like, if you send in for the certificate do you get enrollment papers, or did you actually already complete the course?
 
Yep, took it over the summer, it was a fantastic session. I became interested after someone I know contracted, variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (vCJD).
 
hypatia said:
Yep, took it over the summer, it was a fantastic session. I became interested after someone I know contracted, variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (vCJD).
God, that's tragic.

Anyway, to be sent a mug with the notice that your certificate will only be sent upon request is just plain weird.
 
zoobyshoe said:
Anyway, to be sent a mug with the notice that your certificate will only be sent upon request is just plain weird.
Hey, it's the U of M - what did you expect? Reasonable behavior? :rolleyes:

When will these people learn?
 
Gokul43201 said:
Hey, it's the U of M - what did you expect? Reasonable behavior? :rolleyes:

When will these people learn?
:smile: Fortunately I was only there for a post-doc and managed to escape with my sanity, but only after I entered a recovery program in Ohio. :smile: