Do they have translators on airports?

• Thread starter jackson6612
  • Start date
In summary, international airports typically have translators available for various languages, depending on the size of the airport. These translators may be staff from airlines, local interpreters, or official interpreters on-call for immigration and police. However, there have been cases where translation did not go smoothly, leading to tragic incidents.
jackson6612
Do they have translators on most international airports? If there are, then I would like to know do they have translators for only those countries which are source of high traffic?

If you don't have working knowledge of English language, then do they consider you an illiterate or inferior?

Please help me. Thanks for your time.

Physics news on Phys.org
Depends on the size of the airport. For a big international airport you are likely to have staff from airlines that speak pretty much any language.
Ussually you have an unofficial system where you call say the aeroflot desk if you need somebody to speak Russian - plus you have local interpreters on-call that you can hire in for specific problems.

Then immigration and police are going to have their own official interpreters on-call, this is a little more strict because you may need to be able to prove in court that they did a good job of translating

Sometimes it doesn't work - with tragic consequences - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Dziekański_Taser_incident

1. Can I request for a translator at the airport?

Yes, you can request for a translator at the airport. Most airports have a language assistance program or a translation service available for travelers who need help communicating in a different language.

2. Is there a cost for using a translator at the airport?

It depends on the airport and the type of translation service you require. Some airports may offer free translation services, while others may charge a fee. It is best to check with the airport or your airline beforehand.

3. How do I request a translator at the airport?

The process may vary from airport to airport, but generally, you can request a translator at the information desk or at the check-in counter. Some airports may also have a designated language assistance booth or hotline that you can use to request a translator.

4. Can I request for a specific language translator at the airport?

Yes, you can request for a specific language translator at the airport. However, the availability of translators may vary, so it is best to make your request in advance if possible.

5. Are translators available at all airports?

Not all airports may have translators readily available, especially for less commonly spoken languages. However, most major international airports do offer translation services to assist travelers with language barriers.