Does Condi Rice Share Al Gore's Views on Crisis?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Fan
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
8,252
Reaction score
2,666
When I heard Condi say this on Meet the Press

You know, Tim, the Chinese have a character for crisis. It’s weiji—danger and opportunity. I think they have it right. Every crisis has within it danger, but every crisis also has within it opportunity.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14215314/page/2/

I kept thinking how I had just heard this recently for the first time. Now where did I hear that... hmmm... oh yes, I remember, it comes from Al Gore and his "Inconvenient Truth" ! :smile: :smile: :smile:

GORE: Well, you know, there's an old cliche about the way the Chinese write the word "crisis." They have two symbols back to back. The first means danger, and the second means opportunity.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0606/13/lkl.01.html

It seems that the White House finally has a sane influence. :biggrin:
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Ivan Seeking said:
It seems that the White House finally has a sane influence. :biggrin:

Would that be Chinese influence? :smile:
 
What's more, now that we've heard it from the White House, can we still be sure that it's true?