Donald Duck Dunn Dies: Legendary Musician Passes Away

  • Thread starter Thread starter George Jones
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks, George. I was always a fan of guitar (like any kid from the 50s), but these journeymen musicians taught me to love (and play) bass and drums, too. Many years later, I could have such fun and make a comfortable second income playing in taverns and bars. I assembled an entire kit of Fibes drums with Zildjian cymbals. The neighbors might not have liked it, but my little brother got a kick out of it.
 
Nice Duck Dunn guitar accents and riffs in this one also:
_bpS-cOBK6Q[/youtube] [MEDIA=youtube]_bpS-cOBK6Q[/MEDIA]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
ThomasT said:
Nice Duck Dunn guitar accents and riffs in this one also:
_bpS-cOBK6Q[/youtube] [MEDIA=youtu...s later, but IMO, the sound was not the same.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
turbo said:
Thanks for the link. My college band featured a Hammond C3 console organ with a Leslie. Killer combo! The C3 was a PITA to move, but at least it was better than a B. Porta-Bs came out many years later, but IMO, the sound was not the same.
Your knowledge, experience and musical abilities are beyond mine. Thanks for the info. Booker T (and the MGs, including the Duck) got a nice sound out of his organ that I've never been able to exactly reproduce.