Exploring Catastrophic Events in Space: A Scientist's Perspective

• Thread starter Catastrophe
  • Start date
In summary, exploring catastrophic events in space from a scientist's perspective involves studying and analyzing the causes, effects, and potential solutions for events such as supernovas, black holes, and asteroid impacts. Scientists use various tools and technologies, such as telescopes and simulations, to gather data and gain a better understanding of these events. They also collaborate with other experts and organizations to develop strategies for mitigating the potential impact of these events on Earth. Overall, this field of study is crucial for not only expanding our knowledge of the universe, but also ensuring the safety and survival of our planet.
Catastrophe
How did you find PF?
Searching "space forums".
Hi. I have been present on one space orientated forum for some years and, in fact, I am currently the largest poster and most appreciated ('Likes'). Whilst I shall continue to inhabit that locality, I now have more time and would like to check out one or two other forums.
My university (Birmingham, UK) degree is B.Sc. (Hons) in Chemical Engineering, but I took 'A' Level and 'S' Level Physics Chemistry and Maths at GCSE (That was about 65 years ago).
I have had a lifelong interest in Cosmology/Astronomy/Planetary Science/Geology.
The name Catastrophe comes from my interest in possible asteroid/meteorite impacts in general.

Likes BillTre, Greg Bernhardt and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums. It's great to have you here. :smile:

Thank you. Great to be here!

Cat :)

Likes berkeman