Exploring the Intersection of Art and Science: A Glass Artist's Journey

• Thread starter Artgirl28
  • Start date
In summary, the intersection of art and science is a fascinating realm that has been explored by many artists, including glass artist Jeremy Lepisto. Through his journey, Lepisto has demonstrated how the two seemingly different disciplines can intertwine and enhance each other. By incorporating scientific principles, such as optics and chemistry, into his glass creations, Lepisto has created stunning and thought-provoking pieces that blur the lines between art and science. This fusion of the two fields not only challenges traditional notions of art, but also provides a unique perspective on scientific concepts. Lepisto's journey serves as a testament to the endless possibilities that can arise when art and science come together.
Artgirl28
How did you find PF?
Google search
Hi Everyone,
I’m glass artist and metalsmith in ‘real life’...
My creative work seems to find all sorts of ways to pull me ever deeper into the curious rabbit holes of science.
I’m here because of one such incident, and I have a feeling I’ll be looking around longer than I’d planned...

Likes Michael Cornish and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Pix!

EB9C389E-3EE9-49F2-AAFE-44360FF98DF6.jpegFD7D3B5C-6025-4C2F-B179-8CC8F01110CA.jpeg

Attachments

• C0FC5AF5-4A21-4399-BED2-B6C4D52DD76C.jpeg
    C0FC5AF5-4A21-4399-BED2-B6C4D52DD76C.jpeg
    60.9 KB · Views: 10
These are a few of my recent pieces- the first two are electroformed copper over wax. Last one is a cast glass chain with graphite and 24k. I’m currently working on small pate de verre castings, experimenting with zirconium encapsulated mineral stains for coloring clear glass powders and using different gum binders and refractory blankets to cast glass without plaster/silica molds. Science and art go hand in hand.

Likes berkeman
Stop pix!

(Just kidding! You're creative and talented!)

• Haha
Likes berkeman