Exploring the Intersection of Art and Science: A Glass Artist's Journey

  • Thread starter Thread starter Artgirl28
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 343 views
Artgirl28
How did you find PF?
Google search
Hi Everyone,
I’m glass artist and metalsmith in ‘real life’...
My creative work seems to find all sorts of ways to pull me ever deeper into the curious rabbit holes of science.
I’m here because of one such incident, and I have a feeling I’ll be looking around longer than I’d planned...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Michael Cornish and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
EB9C389E-3EE9-49F2-AAFE-44360FF98DF6.jpegFD7D3B5C-6025-4C2F-B179-8CC8F01110CA.jpeg
 
Attachments
  • C0FC5AF5-4A21-4399-BED2-B6C4D52DD76C.jpeg
    C0FC5AF5-4A21-4399-BED2-B6C4D52DD76C.jpeg
    60.9 KB · Views: 77
These are a few of my recent pieces- the first two are electroformed copper over wax. Last one is a cast glass chain with graphite and 24k. I’m currently working on small pate de verre castings, experimenting with zirconium encapsulated mineral stains for coloring clear glass powders and using different gum binders and refractory blankets to cast glass without plaster/silica molds. Science and art go hand in hand.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman
Stop pix!

(Just kidding! You're creative and talented!)
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: berkeman