Oxford historian interested in observation across history, science and philosophy

  • Thread starter Thread starter edmund cavendish
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 593 views
edmund cavendish
Messages
30
Reaction score
10
Hello
I am introducing myself as a new member. My name is Ed Cavendish. I am an Oxford History MA who studied at The Queen's College. I have taught history to pupils applying to Oxford and Cambridge for over 30 years. My particular interest is in the philosophy of history and that has led through history of science and postmodernism to issues of knowledge and the role of the observer to Berkeley and quantum mechanics. Though no trained scientist I am widely read and am particularly fascinated by the nature and impact of observation Sassure Berkeley Shrodinger.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org