FINAL VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - It's All There, In Black And White

VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST Final Group - It's All There, In Black And White!

  • Janus

    Votes: 14 29.8%
  • alex caps

    Votes: 12 25.5%
  • larkspur

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • physarrista

    Votes: 4 8.5%
  • ZapperZ

    Votes: 4 8.5%

  • Total voters
    47
  • Poll closed .
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
17 replies · 5K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Messages
32,819
Reaction score
4,724
This promises to be an impossible contest to vote. Still, do your best to pick the picture that best represents our theme : black and while photo.

1. Janus
http://home.earthlink.net/~parvey/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/beach.jpg

2. alex caps
http://bikeflat.com/albums/Bike-Stuff/black_and_white.sized.jpg

3. larkspur
401352396_08fcc40217_o.jpg


4. physarrista
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/buelder/PICT2356swkl-1.jpg

5. ZapperZ
img0814to1.jpg


https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=157866"

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
larkspur or ZapperZ? What a tough choice. Both are more of a picture of an emotion than an object. I went with larkspur's almost because I preferred that particular feeling more than ZapperZ's.
 
Same here. Larkspur's photo makes me think of serenity and ZZ's makes me think that there is a lot of orc-ridden wilderness to cross to get rid of this #&*@@! ring.
 
I had to go with Janus as well (I actually voted earlier, but then didn't have time to reply). The others are excellent too, but something just stood out about Janus'.
 
SpaceTiger said:
For me, Janus' photo is the obvious choice. :cool:

Ditto, Janus' photo for me.
 
I went with alex caps.

Great photo. Lots going on, but it displays quiteness in the sense of the riders concentration. Nice and cool, and under control. :smile:
 
Nope, it's a really close contest. Every vote counts on this one.
 
Wow, beautiful photos. I actually liked larkspur's the best, but Janus' was more on-theme. Close call. Thanks for the photos, folks!
 
Just a reminder that you have 2 days left to cast a vote in this contest. It is VERY tight for the top 3 places. So every vote COUNTS!

Zz.
 
I went with Zz but it was darn near impossible to choose
 
alex caps said:
Any last votes?

Yes, I voted for yours Alex. Nice shot !
 
larkspur, I'm not sure if you've mentioned it in the contest thread but, how did you manage to get that lighting for the wings. The sky, if it is the sky, seems to be pretty grey.
 
neutrino said:
larkspur, I'm not sure if you've mentioned it in the contest thread but, how did you manage to get that lighting for the wings. The sky, if it is the sky, seems to be pretty grey.
The gull flew between the sun and the camera. It was blue sky but the area had a lot of smoke from forest fires so it was more of a light blue sky.
 
larkspur said:
The gull flew between the sun and the camera. It was blue sky but the area had a lot of smoke from forest fires so it was more of a light blue sky.

Nice timing then. :)
 
neutrino said:
Nice timing then. :)
Bah! It was pure luck.