FINAL VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - It's All There, In Black And White

In summary: I just happened to have a camera with me when I took the photo. Bah! It was pure luck. I just happened to have a camera with me when I took the photo.

VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST Final Group - It's All There, In Black And White!

• Janus

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • alex caps

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • larkspur

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • physarrista

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • ZapperZ

Votes: 4 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
This promises to be an impossible contest to vote. Still, do your best to pick the picture that best represents our theme : black and while photo.

1. Janus
http://home.earthlink.net/~parvey/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/beach.jpg

2. alex caps
http://bikeflat.com/albums/Bike-Stuff/black_and_white.sized.jpg

3. larkspur
401352396_08fcc40217_o.jpg

4. physarrista
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/buelder/PICT2356swkl-1.jpg

5. ZapperZ
img0814to1.jpg

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=157866"

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
larkspur or ZapperZ? What a tough choice. Both are more of a picture of an emotion than an object. I went with larkspur's almost because I preferred that particular feeling more than ZapperZ's.

Same here. Larkspur's photo makes me think of serenity and ZZ's makes me think that there is a lot of orc-ridden wilderness to cross to get rid of this #&*@@! ring.

For me, Janus' photo is the obvious choice. :cool:

I had to go with Janus as well (I actually voted earlier, but then didn't have time to reply). The others are excellent too, but something just stood out about Janus'.

SpaceTiger said:
For me, Janus' photo is the obvious choice. :cool:

Ditto, Janus' photo for me.

I went with alex caps.

Great photo. Lots going on, but it displays quiteness in the sense of the riders concentration. Nice and cool, and under control. :smile:

Looks like Janus has it won, congrats!

Nope, it's a really close contest. Every vote counts on this one.

Wow, beautiful photos. I actually liked larkspur's the best, but Janus' was more on-theme. Close call. Thanks for the photos, folks!

Just a reminder that you have 2 days left to cast a vote in this contest. It is VERY tight for the top 3 places. So every vote COUNTS!

Zz.

I went with Zz but it was darn near impossible to choose

Any last votes?

alex caps said:
Any last votes?

Yes, I voted for yours Alex. Nice shot !

larkspur, I'm not sure if you've mentioned it in the contest thread but, how did you manage to get that lighting for the wings. The sky, if it is the sky, seems to be pretty grey.

neutrino said:
larkspur, I'm not sure if you've mentioned it in the contest thread but, how did you manage to get that lighting for the wings. The sky, if it is the sky, seems to be pretty grey.
The gull flew between the sun and the camera. It was blue sky but the area had a lot of smoke from forest fires so it was more of a light blue sky.

larkspur said:
The gull flew between the sun and the camera. It was blue sky but the area had a lot of smoke from forest fires so it was more of a light blue sky.

Nice timing then. :)

neutrino said:
Nice timing then. :)
Bah! It was pure luck.

What is the purpose of the "FINAL VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - It's All There, In Black And White"?

The purpose of the "FINAL VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - It's All There, In Black And White" is to showcase the best black and white photos taken by members of the PF community and allow the community to vote on their favorite.

Who can participate in the "FINAL VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - It's All There, In Black And White"?

Anyone who is a member of the PF community can participate in the "FINAL VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - It's All There, In Black And White". This includes both amateur and professional photographers.

What are the rules for submitting a photo to the "FINAL VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - It's All There, In Black And White"?

The rules for submitting a photo to the "FINAL VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - It's All There, In Black And White" include the photo must be in black and white, it must be taken by the submitter, and it must not violate any copyright laws or contain inappropriate content.

How will the winner of the "FINAL VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - It's All There, In Black And White" be determined?

The winner of the "FINAL VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - It's All There, In Black And White" will be determined by community vote. The photo with the most votes will be declared the winner.

What is the deadline for submitting a photo to the "FINAL VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - It's All There, In Black And White"?

The deadline for submitting a photo to the "FINAL VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - It's All There, In Black And White" is [insert deadline date here]. Any photos submitted after this date will not be eligible for the contest.