Finding the original Kennedy & Thorndike paper in Physical Review

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Myst
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
Myst
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Good evening,

I am currently working on experimental proof about special relativity, and I came across Kennedy & Thorndike experiment, and their try to save the luminiferous aether with Lorentz-Fitzgerald contraction.

Unfortunately, I can't find any original article on the Internet. Wikipedia says they had published a paper in the Physical Review, but I wasn't able to find it.

Could someone provide me with their original article ?

Many thanks !
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Myst said:
Good evening,

I am currently working on experimental proof about special relativity, and I came across Kennedy & Thorndike experiment, and their try to save the luminiferous aether with Lorentz-Fitzgerald contraction.

Unfortunately, I can't find any original article on the Internet. Wikipedia says they had published a paper in the Physical Review, but I wasn't able to find it.

Could someone provide me with their original article ?

Many thanks !
It is here http://prola.aps.org/abstract/PR/v42/i3/p400_1"
You need a subscription to download.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I have seen this page before.

But you need a subscription to download it, and I only need this one... not a whole subscription to the Physical Review (and alone it costs 20 $... which is a bit expensive for what I want to do with it).

I suppose it's not illegal to ask if a member of the Physical Review could provide me with the article...?
 
You should go to a library. I'd start with the local university.
 
Yeah, if only I am rich, I will be a very good physicist!
Not forgetting those living without three meals a day. but has the potential to be the next Einstein.
No wonder there are so many piracies.