First-year STEM schedule before transfer: Calc II, Physics II, Chemistry, Linear Algebra

  • Thread starter Thread starter flyingpig
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Idea
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
flyingpig
Messages
2,574
Reaction score
1
Next term, I have decided to not take a computer science anymore because it's pretty much meaningless to take it if I can't follow up with this course.

I am a first-year student and I hope to transfer to another university after this year because I will have to move and it is going to difficult to find transportation.

Anyways here is my undecided schedule

- Calc II
- Physics II (E&M)
- Chemistry (Physical and Organic Chemistry ~ Equilibrium, Thermodynamics, intro to Organic, kinetics)
- Linear Algebra (first term only, Matrix, vectors etc...)
- English

I am also wondering, in general, when you want to transfer to another university, do they look at all of your marks or only on certain courses? Or is the admission much like High School, either you get the grades or not.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
hmmmm. I am in for the same info...i might transfer within 1st year. Al i know is that the new uni requires the current uni grades or it might even take its own test depending on uni the new uni's specifications.check that.
 
In the USA, and I suspect also in Canada, grades do not transfer between universities. If the "new" university accepts the courses for transfer credit, the hours will count towards their degree requirements, and you will not have to take those specific courses again, but the grades will not be included in their GPA.
 
Grades don't transfer, but they're certainly taken into account as to whether or not you're accepted as a transfer student.
 
Oh yeah I know, I am actually just switching campuses, but even campus transfers in my university considers all transfers to be the same