Free easy to use discussion forum for U3A group?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
sdo62
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Hi, I am the leader of a University of the Third Age discussion group which has just been suspended due to the ongoing Coronavirus situation. I am hoping to be able to continue our discussions online in some way.

All group members are tech savvy enough to use email, and search the internet, but aren’t on social media like Facebook and probably don’t have experience with any sort of online discussion forum. I am wondering if there is a free easy to use discussion platform which would allow me to set up online discussions similar to what is available here, with different threads for different topics.

I am aware of groups.io and will be investigating to see whether it would be suitable, but would appreciate any other suggestions. Note that my tech skills aren’t good enough to set up any sort of platform myself, so I am looking for something that is free to join that I can quickly set up threads as required – I don’t see any need for moderation as long as posting can be restricted to my group. Failing a suitable option, we will probably continue discussion by email, but that will inevitably get messy and hard to follow, I think
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org