Gift Ideas for a UK Supervisor - Show Gratitude with Unique Gifts

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dr_Scientist
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Dr_Scientist
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Hello physicsforums!

This summer I will be doing a 3-month undergraduate-level research as an exchange student in a uk university.

Do you think it will be good to present a small gift to my supervisor upon meeting her later in uk? I have been thinking of giving something that is unique to my country. Do you think this is a good thing to do?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
No, it is not.

You will also put her in an uncomfortable position. It doesn't look good for her to be receiving a gift, and she also may be torn in offending you if she refuses.

If you still wish to send here something as a thank you gift, send it waaaay after everything is over. Still, keep in mind that a simple thank you is perfectly acceptable to show an appreciation.

Zz.
 
I see. Those are really good points. Glad I asked this question first.
Thanks Zz!