Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Graviton exchange for two freely propagating particle:solution String theory?

1. Oct 21, 2014 #1
    Consider the feynman diagramms for two freely propagating particles...Correction from one graviton exchange.
    Correction from two graviton exchange.The problem at hand is the divergence (of the math) at arbitary energys and each additional graviton exchange. So there are several resoultions and one seems to be String theory. My question is how does string theory solve this? I understand that String theory represents things (this is precision) as 1-d strings, but how does that resolve the divergence?
    I believe this is a well know concept, so I hope not to fidle with the mathematics. I know that this is a messy and rough description. I am refering to Polchinski. Thanks for any help!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 26, 2014 #2
    Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook