Guess the movie, actor and character from quotes

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kevin McHugh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Movie
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
25 replies · 4K views
Kevin McHugh
Messages
319
Reaction score
165
Let's play a game. You post a famous quote from a movie. Memebrs can guess the name of the movie, the actor/actress, and the character's name. One point for each. Post several quotes, and keep score!

"You do know how to whistle don't you? You just put put lips together an blow."

"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges."

"I'm on top of the world ma."

I'll be back."

The truth? You can't handle the truth."

Three toughies and two easy. Have fun!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Ever hear of Google ? a two minute job: to have and have not, blazing saddles white heat terminator few good men ...
And white heat appears to be a misquote :woot:
 
giphy.gif
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ProfuselyQuarky, 1oldman2, OmCheeto and 1 other person
rootone said:
"Do you feel lucky punk?, Do ya?"

BvU said:
Ever hear of Google ? a two minute job: to have and have not, blazing saddles white heat terminator few good men ...
And white heat appears to be a misquote :woot:

Well, if you want to cheat...

And wrong.

#1 To Have and Have Not, Lauren Becall,
#2 Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Alphonso Bedoya, Gold Hat
#3 White Heat, James Cagney, Cody Jarrett
#4 Terminator. Arnold Schwarzenegger
#5 A Few Good Men, Jack Nicholson, Col, Jessup
 
Last edited:
rootone said:
"Do you feel lucky punk?, Do ya?"

Dirty Harry, Clint Eastwood, Harry Callahan

Just one? I'm sure you can think of others.
 
Kevin McHugh said:
Well, if you want to cheat...
And wrong.
#1 Key Kargo, Lauren Becall, Nora Temple
#2 Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Alphonso Bedoya, Gold Hat
Oh yeah ? I think your research is wrong: one misquote (already pointed out) and then:
  • to have and have not is older than Key Largo -- (granted, she does say Steve in between the sentences)
  • and you misquoted #2 -- He does not say that sentence as you typed it. The chap in BS does !
Define cheating ?
 
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."
 
"The truth hurts, doesn't it, Hapsburg? Oh sure, maybe not as much as landing on a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurts!"

"Have you find Jesus yet, Gump?"
"I didn't know I was supposed to be looking for him sir"

“Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.”
 
"I've been attacked by the Ladies' Home Journal"
 
"All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us??"
 
BvU said:
Oh yeah ? I think your research is wrong: one misquote (already pointed out) and then:
  • to have and have not is older than Key Largo -- (granted, she does say Steve in between the sentences)
  • and you misquoted #2 -- He does not say that sentence as you typed it. The chap in BS does !
Define cheating ?

Come on man, it's a game. So, there were two misquotes, but you got the idea.
 
jtbell said:
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."
I think I'm just being captain obvious on this one, but this sounds like 2001: A Space Odyssey. I haven't seen it in some time; last time I saw it I was young enough to be frightened by it.
 
Kevin McHugh said:
Come on man, it's a game. So, there were two misquotes, but you got the idea.
Fine with me. But being associated with cheating and being called wrong wrongly does something to the hairs in my neck. Strange, because otherwise I'm such a nice guy :smile: ...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: gracy
Mondayman said:
I think I'm just being captain obvious on this one, but this sounds like 2001: A Space Odyssey. I haven't seen it in some time; last time I saw it I was young enough to be frightened by it.
Yes, that's the one. where HAL, the sentient computer on board the ship has some kind of psychotic episode.
 
Last edited:
"Good teacher. He really seems to care. About what I have no idea ..."

"Bring us a pitcher of beer every seven minutes until somebody passes out. And then bring one every ten minutes."
 
Last edited:
BvU said:
Fine with me. But being associated with cheating and being called wrong wrongly does something to the hairs in my neck. Strange, because otherwise I'm such a nice guy :smile: ...

I didn't mean to insult, if you took it that way, my apologies. Are we cool?
 
we're cool ! And I liked the quiz -- witness my rapid response :-p !
 
"They're selling hippie wigs in Woolworth's, man. The greatest decade in the history of mankind is over."
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Pepper Mint
PeroK said:
"They're selling hippie wigs in Woolworth's, man. The greatest decade in the history of mankind is over."
:DD This good quote makes me laugh a lot.
 
rootone said:
Yes, that's the one. where HAL, the sentient computer on board the ship has some kind of psychotic episode.
I see, thanks! I think it's time I watch that one again.