Heavy wet snow and high winds forecast for 8-12 inches

  • Thread starter Thread starter turbo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
30 replies · 5K views
turbo
Insights Author
Gold Member
Messages
3,181
Reaction score
57
Just when we had hoped that winter would leave us alone, we are "fooled" again. Heavy wet snow is falling and sticking to everything, with a projected total of 8-12". Winds are expected to increase this afternoon, and with the heavy, drooping tree branches it will be a miracle if we have electricity after that. Power-company crews have been instructed to bring extra clothes, toiletry, etc today and prepare to be deployed for very long shifts.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Happy april fool's day everybody!

I think the following video fits the occasion very well:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My firends told me that you have to lie at least once to at least one people today. Since I couldn't come up with anything interesting, I simply told "The sun rose in the west today", to my friends and had the job finished.
How did you lie?
 
thecritic said:
How did you lie?

I told myself and my customers I was on track and the work was going well.
 
jarednjames said:
I told myself and my customers I was on track and the work was going well.
We're on budget and things are looking up.

Of course, here in the US, it looks like we are headed into an economic double-dip that might have more severe repercussions than the first one. Still, Wall Street and their lackeys in DC pretend all is well.
 
turbo-1 said:
We're on budget and things are looking up.

Yep, sounds about right.
Of course, here in the US, it looks like we are headed into an economic double-dip that might have more severe repercussions than the first one. Still, Wall Street and their lackeys in DC pretend all is well.

I believe the UK has that (double dip coming and lying) as well.
 
thecritic said:
How did you lie?

I told my Facebook friends that I was dropping out of college so that I could spend more time on the internet. They bought it.
 
thecritic said:
My firends told me that you have to lie at least once to at least one people today. Since I couldn't come up with anything interesting, I simply told "The sun rose in the west today", to my friends and had the job finished.
How did you lie?

Your spelling of "friends" is absolutely correct, and mine is wrong.

There, I'm done for the day. :-p
 
Guys, I am very very sorry to tell you all that I will be leaving PF. Today will be my last day on the forums. I figured, I spend way too much time reading the threads here and I thought I could be using the time to study...You guys are all great and very cool people...but its for my own good... :(

HAHA! I am playing with you all! I will never leave PF! Happy April Fool's Day everyone! :D
 
Last edited:
Ivan92 said:
Guys, I am very very sorry to tell you all that I will be leaving PF. Today will be my last day on the forums. I figured, I spend way to much time reading the threads here and I thought I could be using the time to study...You guys are all great and very cool people...but its for my own good... :(







HAHA! I am playing with you all! I will never leave PF! Happy Fool's Day everyone! :D

Oh, you're joking :frown: Too bad...

:biggrin: joke, happy to have you here!
 
jhae2.718 said:
It's still April 1 in the US...

That's where I am. And it was yesterday.
 
Then how do you define April 1/April Fool's Day?
 
That's where I am. And it was yesterday.

It's just gone 12am on April 2nd in the UK (where I am) so it can't be the 2nd in America.
 
jarednjames said:
It's just gone 12am on April 2nd in the UK (where I am) so it can't be the 2nd in America.

No, it's April 3rd in the UK.
 
Newai said:
No, it's April 3rd in the UK.

I'd hope not, or Mothering Sunday has had a complete revamp on its choice of day.

I'd also add that it's 12:47am on April 2nd in the UK, so to me, you just look like a plonker for trying to pull and AF this late. Just thought I'd mention it... :rolleyes:
 
turbo-1 said:
Just when we had hoped that winter would leave us alone, we are "fooled" again. Heavy wet snow is falling and sticking to everything, with a projected total of 8-12". Winds are expected to increase this afternoon, and with the heavy, drooping tree branches it will be a miracle if we have electricity after that. Power-company crews have been instructed to bring extra clothes, toiletry, etc today and prepare to be deployed for very long shifts.

Here we were also "April fooled" by the weather. We actually had a nice day, partly sunny and in the 60's. The trick was that it made us think that spring had finally arrived. However, looking forward at the forecast, we are going back to the 50's and rain for the foreseeable future.:frown:
 
jarednjames said:
I told myself and my customers I was on track and the work was going well.

lolll
 
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I must inform you all that today is not April Fools day.
It is June Fools day.
 
We just got the power back. Lost it yesterday evening, and since we are on a thinly-populated back road, we are always that last to have power restored.
 
I installed a clapper to turn on my soldering iron at work!
 
jarednjames said:
I don't get it.

That makes two of us :confused: