1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Relativity Hardcover vs paperback, cut content?

1. Oct 17, 2016 #1
    i just bought the hardover version of Spacetime physics and i found it contains only 3 chapters out of the supposed 8 that it should contatin, can someone enlighten me on what is going on?
    is this expected with hardcover versions? that they contain less content? or is it just this textbook?
    and why would anyone do this?
    thank you

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 18, 2016 #2

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Overseas edition reprint??

4. Oct 18, 2016 #3
    What edition is it, according to the copyright page? Also, does the table of contents differ from the version with eight chapters?

5. Oct 18, 2016 #4

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It seems that this is the first edition. My red, paperback first edition has three chapters, and it also has solutions to all the problems. Many people (but not all) think that the first edition is better than the second edition, but I don't think the hardcover version of the first edition has solutions to the problems.

6. Oct 18, 2016 #5
    Thank you

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted