Has anyone explored the intersection of electronics and physics before?

• Thread starter Mark Davis
  • Start date
In summary, the intersection of electronics and physics has been a widely explored topic in the scientific community. From the development of transistors and integrated circuits to the study of quantum mechanics and electromagnetism, the two fields have been intertwined in various ways. This intersection has led to advancements in technology, such as computers and smartphones, as well as a deeper understanding of the fundamental laws of the universe. Many researchers continue to delve into this intersection, pushing the boundaries of both electronics and physics to new heights.
Mark Davis
How did you find PF?
I searched for a quantum physics forum, so I could ask a question.
I am an electronics technician whos had an interest in physics for a while...
But, my math background is rather poor. So, my learning from youtube and audio books (Feynman, Sean Carrol, PSB Space time... ) has been rather difficult.

I had what I though could have been a unique idea and wanted to know if its been considered before.

Physics news on Phys.org
The purpose of these forums is to discuss mainstream science. You could learn something here if you are serious about studying physics.

You might be surprised by how many people come here with 1) I don't know much/any maths. 2) I've been reading popular science books 3) I have an idea that will/might solve a major outstanding question and/or revolutionise physics.

A cautious welcome is the best I can offer.

Mark Davis said:
I had what I though could have been a unique idea and wanted to know if its been considered before.
Welcome to PhysicsForums, Mark. As @PeroK says, we discuss mainstream science here, and generally don't allow personal theories to be discussed. However, questions about mainstream science are very welcome here, so if you can ask questions in the area(s) that you are interested in, that's the best way to start to figure stuff out.

Feel free to send me a PM (click on my avatar and "Start conversation") to let me know what area of Physics your idea is in, and I'll try to help you find reading about that subject that will help you to formulate good questions for thread starts here.

Enjoy PF! :smile:

I see.

Obviously a lot of nuts come in and start a ruckus... I get it...

I was watching Sean Carrols 'Big Ideas in the Universe', and was inspired. Had an idea.

I'll give it up.

Thanks for the welcome.

But. if I may... a lot of PhD's have chased me away from potential passions. Presumably because I don't have one myself, or a student of an ivy league school I could never have afforded.Thanks again.
Please delete my account.

No need to delete your account (we don't do that anyway). Just browse around and learn stuff -- PF is great for that. :smile: