Have You Served as PI or Co-PI on a Federally Funded Project?

  • Thread starter Thread starter the potato one
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Nasa
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
the potato one
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
"Are you currently serving (or have previously served) as PI, PD, Co-PI, or Co-PD on any federally funded project?"

Hey, y'all! I'm applying for a grad school fellowship, and I'm not sure how to answer this question. Would this include being an NSF REU fellow, or not? I believe not, but I want to be sure.

Thanks! :)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
the potato one said:
"Are you currently serving (or have previously served) as PI, PD, Co-PI, or Co-PD on any federally funded project?"

Hey, y'all! I'm applying for a grad school fellowship, and I'm not sure how to answer this question. Would this include being an NSF REU fellow, or not? I believe not, but I want to be sure.

Usually not- training grants (REU fellowships, NIH K awards, etc) are not the same as research grants. If in doubt, simply email the program officer.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: the potato one
Andy Resnick said:
Usually not- training grants (REU fellowships, NIH K awards, etc) are not the same as research grants. If in doubt, simply email the program officer.
Kay, that's what I thought. Thanks for the reply! :D
 
the potato one said:
I'm not sure how to answer this question

The answer is "no".