Hello, I am Nathan. Ive got multiple small engineering projects.

• Thread starter NathanSM
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker is currently working on multiple small engineering projects that involve mechanical, electrical, and software engineering. These projects are inspired by their fascination with technology and desire to constantly learn and grow as an engineer. They manage multiple projects by prioritizing tasks, setting realistic timelines, and communicating with their team. The necessary skills for these projects include technical skills, problem-solving, and teamwork, as well as a curious and innovative mindset. To stay updated with the latest advancements, the speaker reads scientific journals, attends conferences and workshops, networks with other engineers, and continuously learns through online courses and hands-on projects.
NathanSM
How did you find PF?
While trying to create a strong electromagnet I discovered I was in way over my head and decided to join this forum for help.
Im looking forward to any help I can get on my current coil and future projects. I'm very passionate about my projects but sometimes I realize I'm not yet fully educated. High school engineering classes haven't taught me everything there is to know.

Likes PeroK, WWGD, DennisN and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. :smile:
NathanSM said:
High school engineering classes haven't taught me everything there is to know.
Roger that! Even my undergrad and graduate school EE degrees did not teach me everything that I needed to know to do well in my work and my interests. Keep learning! And the PF is a great place to do that continuing learning. :smile:

@NathanSM , welcome!

NathanSM said:
How did you find PF?: While trying to create a strong electromagnet I discovered I was in way over my head and decided to join this forum for help.
That sounds fun! You did an excellent decision to join Physics Forums, it's the place to be for this, and to learn more about electromagnetism!

It may be an unwelcome surprise, but no amount of classes at any level will teach you everything there is to know. Even self-study will not do that. We are all finite folks, and can only handle a limited amount of knowledge.

Dr.D said:
It may be an unwelcome surprise, but no amount of classes at any level will teach you everything there is to know. Even self-study will not do that. We are all finite folks, and can only handle a limited amount of knowledge.
Certainly! But to be honest all those classes got me was a CSWA and it was supposed to teach me electronics, physics, and pneumatic systems. It gave me a lot of opprotunities like getting my pilots license for free and experience with controlling and building robots but skipped a lot of fundamentals.

NathanSM said:
Certainly! But to be honest all those classes got me was a CSWA and it was supposed to teach me electronics, physics, and pneumatic systems. It gave me a lot of opprotunities like getting my pilots license for free and experience with controlling and building robots but skipped a lot of fundamentals.
Say wut?

What is a CSWA?

berkeman said:
Say wut?
So far all of my education has been pretty lackluster compared to what it had advertised. But those classes have lots of resources and machines that I can teach myself to use. I want to learn a lot more skills and I've hit a bit of a wall. Hopefully this forum can help me!

Dr.D said:
What is a CSWA?
Solidworks certification. It is a 3d CAD program.

Related to Hello, I am Nathan. Ive got multiple small engineering projects.

1. What type of engineering projects are you working on?

Currently, I am working on multiple small engineering projects that involve mechanical, electrical, and software engineering. These projects range from designing and building small robots to developing new software algorithms for data analysis.

2. What inspired you to work on these projects?

I have always been fascinated by how things work and how technology can improve our lives. I am constantly looking for new challenges and opportunities to learn and grow as an engineer, and these projects allow me to do just that.

3. How do you manage multiple projects at once?

Managing multiple projects can be challenging, but I have developed a system that works for me. I prioritize my tasks and set realistic timelines for each project. I also make sure to communicate regularly with my team and delegate tasks when necessary.

4. What skills do you need to work on these projects?

Working on these projects requires a combination of technical skills, such as coding and designing, as well as soft skills like problem-solving and teamwork. It is also important to have a curious and innovative mindset to come up with creative solutions.

5. How do you stay updated with the latest advancements in engineering?

I stay updated by reading scientific journals, attending conferences and workshops, and networking with other engineers. I also make sure to continuously learn and improve my skills through online courses and hands-on projects.