Help with pronouncing english words

• Thread starter micromass
  • Start date
  • Tags
    English
In summary: This is because they are taken from a popular song by Rick Astley. Nebagonagibuop and nebegonalepudown are not real words in the English language. They are made up by the author of the text. Rick Astley is an English singer whose song Never Gonna Give You Up was popular in the 1990s.
micromass
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
So I was reading an english text and I enounctered the following strange words: nebagonagibuop and nebegonalepudown. It's a science-fiction text, so it doesn't mean anything. I just wanted to ask how people on this forum would pronounce these words??

Physics news on Phys.org
sie ense fik shun.

Edit: Oh, it's that Korean amateur singer. Rickrolled again.

Last edited:
nebagonagibuop

NEB-a-gon-a-GIB...

Oh micro.

Theeze wurdz? :uhh: :tongue2:

Last edited:
micromass said:
So I was reading an english text and I enounctered the following strange words: nebagonagibuop and nebegonalepudown. It's a science-fiction text, so it doesn't mean anything. I just wanted to ask how people on this forum would pronounce these words??

ne - BAH - go - nah - GIBB - wop

and

ne - BAY - go - nah - LEP - yood - own

according to my dictionary of the Nebago Narunarunan Dezatuu language. In addition to complex patterns of pitch and inflection, proper pronunciation requires dancing awkwardly.

micromass said:
nebagonagibuop

Fanshaw.

nebegonalepudown

Chumley.

This guy will teach you how to pronounce them.
Pay attention to the way he uses his whole body while speaking. It's so majestic...

Last edited by a moderator:
:rofl:

newlifeform said:
What is that ? Could you share the source of fun ? mee too888

I once learned to speak Guangdong language (Mandarin) by myself, I wrote down all things the speaker said like that and repeated before other Chinese, I made a big laugh for everyone.

Welcome Newlifeform, you are certainly new here. It's just a joke. Maybe you are not familiar with the internet meme "Rickroling". You may notice that these words vaguely resemble the the lyrics.

What are some common mistakes when pronouncing English words?

Some common mistakes when pronouncing English words include mispronouncing silent letters, stressing the wrong syllables, and confusing similar sounding words. It is important to pay attention to the spelling and phonetics of a word to ensure correct pronunciation.

How can I improve my pronunciation of English words?

One way to improve pronunciation is to practice speaking with native English speakers or using audio recordings. Another helpful tip is to break down words into smaller sounds and practice each one separately before putting them together.

What are some resources for help with pronouncing English words?

There are many resources available for help with pronouncing English words, such as pronunciation guides, online dictionaries with audio pronunciations, and language learning apps. It can also be beneficial to work with a speech therapist or take a pronunciation course.

Are there any rules for pronouncing English words?

While English pronunciation can be tricky, there are some general rules to follow. For example, most words ending in -ion are pronounced with a "shun" sound, and words ending in -ed have different pronunciations depending on the preceding sound. However, there are always exceptions to these rules, so it's important to practice and familiarize yourself with different word pronunciations.

Why is proper pronunciation important in English?

Proper pronunciation is important in English because it can impact how others understand and perceive you. It can also affect your ability to effectively communicate and be understood in academic or professional settings. Additionally, learning correct pronunciation can help with overall language fluency and confidence.