How can I use an electromagnet and AC to shake a small magnet at a distance?

  • Thread starter Thread starter derekmatthew
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 485 views
derekmatthew
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
How did you find PF?
I found PF via Google searches. I have been lurking for a while but finally thought I should make a n account and join the community.
I am currently finishing my bachelor's degree in engineering physics and have begun looking into grad programs across the US. I enjoy working on small projects here and there but have recently struggled with some some design challenges as I have been playing with magnets recently. I want to make a device that uses an electromagnet and AC to shake a small magnet at some distance away but I'm not so certain on the approach.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org