How Did Planck Relate His Radiation Law to Maxwell's Equations?

  • Thread starter Thread starter quiet
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    History Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
quiet
Hi. I am reading some history of physics and I have come to the radiation of the black body. After obtaining the correct spectral law, Planck stated that he was concerned not to be able to deduce it from basic physical laws. A friend said that Planck attempted to deduce from Maxwell's equations the quantization of physical magnitudes, especially of energy. But he does not remember the details. Can anyone advise me to look for more information?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ISamson
Physics news on Phys.org
Although everything is interesting, I need information specifically referred to some attempt that Planck made based on Maxwell's equations, as my friend said and he surprised me. Would Planck try something like this without a firm basis for believing that deduction is possible?