Jungle survival quiz results

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
32 replies · 5K views
Evo said:
I thought the question was what percent of water loss was fatal. I got it wrong.

I guessed and didn't check. But yes, how am I supposed to know what percentage of water I have lost so I can be careful not to lose too much more? If it asked symptoms of dehydration that would have made more sense. The percentage thing seems to me like one of those tidbits a wilderness survival expert tells you just to scare you into realizing how little it might take for you to die.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I got 70%.

The question in question was...

How much water must the body lose before death?

...which is not a logical question, because a body can die fully hydrated :confused:.
 
lisab said:
I got 70%.

The question in question was...



...which is not a logical question, because a body can die fully hydrated :confused:.
I took it to mean what percentage of water loss would be fatal. Not that you would have any way of monitoring that if you happened to be lost in the jungle. And as was pointed out, water would probably not be a concern in a jungle, you could probably collect enough dew every morning on leaves even if it didn't rain.