I haven't heard back yet about my graduate school interview

  • Thread starter Thread starter profgabs05
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
3 replies · 2K views
profgabs05
Messages
4
Reaction score
2
Quarky I feel I'm presently in your shoes.

Was supposed to get an invite to an interview but I haven't heard anything from them even on the date they said they would send the invite.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
And I feel a bit distraught at not even getting a chance to be interviewed.
Do you think it'd be okay to ask the admissions team why I wasn't shortlisted for the interview?
 
profgabs05 said:
And I feel a bit distraught at not even getting a chance to be interviewed.
Do you think it'd be okay to ask the admissions team why I wasn't shortlisted for the interview?
If you have it in writing that they would send an invite by a certain date, I would wait three working days past that date (just in case it slipped someone's mind) and then ask your contact person what's going on.
 
profgabs05 said:
Was supposed to get an invite to an interview
What exactly does that mean? It seems a rather odd message to send - why not send the actual invitation?

It's getting very late. Offers usually are required to be accepted or declined by April 15.