Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

If you could have dinner with a PFer!

1. Jan 24, 2010 #1

drizzle

Gold Member

Who would it be, and why? :biggrin:

[I myself have a list of names... Need time to shrink it to one :smile:]

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 24, 2010 #2

Pythagorean

Gold Member

Pythagorean, because then I wouldn't have to leave my shell of safety and security.

4. Jan 24, 2010 #3

sylas

Science Advisor

Evo -- if she cooks. She has 454 posts in the [thread=124615]The Food Thread[/thread] and they look delicious.

Turbo-1 would be a contender (well over 500 posts) except I am nervous about the risks of his chilli.

Cheers -- sylas

5. Jan 24, 2010 #4

Mentallic

Homework Helper

Pythagorean - I'm curious to see how many times he would glance over at the door as I pick up my knife to cut up some meat.

6. Jan 24, 2010 #5
    Just one? Can't we have a big dinner party and invite everyone?

7. Jan 24, 2010 #6

Borek

Staff: Mentor

8. Jan 24, 2010 #7

drizzle

Gold Member

You just want the party, eh :P

9. Jan 24, 2010 #8

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Here's a thought: PF's tenth birthday is coming up. I believe the forum came into existence around the end of Jan, 2001.

Why not plan a party, or several of them?

10. Jan 24, 2010 #9

Pythagorean

Gold Member

ZapperZ - but I suppose I'd rather be in the lab with him then at a dinner table. Either way, it would be nice to put a tone and facial expressions behind that abrasive posting style.

11. Jan 24, 2010 #10
    I would like to do a combo long walk on a beach/candle-lit dinner with mgb_phys. Mostly because he is the only name I could remember at the moment.

12. Jan 24, 2010 #11

drizzle

Gold Member

I have him on my list :biggrin: I’m curious to know his own philosophy about life!

13. Jan 24, 2010 #12

turbo

Gold Member

Astronuc (again) because the habanero relish was a pale imitation of the stuff that I can make with a decent crop of Red Carribeans. Then again, other PF'ers don't have to live in fear. I love to grill wonderful tender rare/medium-rare steaks, smoke salmon, and make other non-incendiary dishes that average folks might like, but that you will never find on a menu at a restaurant.

14. Jan 24, 2010 #13

sylas

Science Advisor

OK. I'm persuaded. Is this Thursday good for you?

15. Jan 24, 2010 #14

turbo

Gold Member

Sure! Let me know what you like, and come here with NO fragrances in your clothing or personal cosmetics (detergents or fabric softeners) and we'll give it a good shot.

16. Jan 24, 2010 #15
    Hey turbo do you make cold smoked salmon? I've always wanted to figure out how to make a contraption in order to do this for sushi...

17. Jan 24, 2010 #16

sylas

Science Advisor

Damn it. I've just checked the bus timetable, and there's none available. But I'll take a rain check for if and when I'm in Maine! :approve:

18. Jan 24, 2010 #17

turbo

Gold Member

I use a Brinkman charcoal-fired smoker. Low heat with salmon filets swimming in maple syrup, dusted with salt and cracked peppercorns in hickory smoke. It's a family favorite.

19. Jan 24, 2010 #18
    I doubt I would be able to make it to that unfortunately.

There are a lot of PFers I would like to meet though and that I think I would enjoy talking with. How do I choose just one? I would list them and why I would want to hang out with them but then I would feel bad if I forgot someone.

20. Jan 25, 2010 #19

drizzle

Gold Member

Sure, I too like all PFers!...Well, except one :biggrin:

21. Jan 25, 2010 #20

Lisa!

Gold Member

The 1 who pays for the dinner...:biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook