Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Introductions: J Gregory Moxness

1. Mar 16, 2016 #1
    I am a retired Chief Technologist in Aerospace and Defense, where I worked supporting IT and Engineering, advanced 3D visualization, simulation, rapid prototyping (3D printing in various materials - during the '90s), etc.

I now focus on establishing a framework for (and visualizing) the integration of QM and GR (aka. ToE).

The attached pic I created is a Petrie projection of E8 (with algorithmic assignment of fundamental physics particles defining vertex shape, size and color). I use it as a header for my online presence. Interestingly, it was used as the icon for a recent interview with my occasional collaborator, AG Lisi. E8ArtPrint0025-smaller.jpg

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 16, 2016 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF, Gregory. :smile:

4. Mar 16, 2016 #3

Nugatory

Please do be aware of the Physics Forums rule requiring that theories be published in appropriate peer-reviewed journals before they can be discussed here.

5. Mar 16, 2016 #4
    Thanks for putting that warning on my introduction page Nugatory. Nice to meet you too!

6. Mar 16, 2016 #5

berkeman

:smile: It's mostly just a heads-up. We've found that even though new users have to click that they have read and understood the rules as part of joining up here, often they skip over actually reading them. One of the reasons the PF is such a great discussion forum is because the rules help to keep the discussions on track. :smile:

7. Mar 16, 2016 #6
    I understand... key word "..mostly..." ;-)

I've been working with academicians (the insiders associated with a formal institution w/credentials to publish) since the BB days. So I know the drill and varied demeanor of its members. Unfortunately, I don't have any of my math/physics ToE speculations peer reviewed for journals (yet ;-).

Just to note, the reason I joined was because I now have two uses of my work in articles/interviews (w/o citation) on this site (that I've just started looking at) and wanted to make sure the readers become aware of those connections.

Imitation (copy/paste) is the sincerest form of flattery, and full citation is even better.
    Best would be breaking down the barriers and getting a conversation going with those outside of the closed groups.

8. Mar 16, 2016 #7

berkeman

Fair enough. The New Member Introductions forum is just for introductions, so I'll go ahead and close this thread. I look forward to your posts here at the PF. :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook