Is a 5-year master's degree at University of Colorado viable before PhD study?

  • Thread starter Thread starter stevo101
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Physics Year
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
stevo101
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi I found this forum about a week ago and really enjoy it.

but anyway I would like to go to the University of Colorado and they offer a 5 year master program (in physics), if I wanted to get my PhD from say m.i.t. or the like, is the 5 year plan a viable option or would i be better of just getting my bachelors from c.u. and then completing the rest at the other school?


appreciate the help

Stevo
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The usual path is to go for a Ph.D. right after the BS. No real need to get an MS in your case.