Is Devry University the Right Choice for Me? A Scientist's Honest Opinion

  • Thread starter Thread starter sosarah
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
sosarah
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I am very eager to start college and I believe I jumped into one place to quick. Now that I have read all the reviews to Devry University I don't think I made the best decision so what do I do? Should I blow them off even though I'm already admitted or should I stay and see how I like it. Could you please give me your honest opinion's about Devry and what I should do. I really think I made a decision to fast.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Take a gap year and apply to other universities.
You can volunteer in Brazil or Backpack Europe or simply work and earn some money so you can afford to study.

You don't want to get into debt, especially if you think the uni won't get you anywhere long term.
 
Blow them off now because no one takes people serious with those Online Degree programs. If you want to go to college, find a real one, a community college nearby and go from there.
 
it depends how much it costs as well as your financial constraints. If you believe you will be miserable there, ignore it. It you will be well-off financially after attending, by all means go. Taking risks is always important. Who knows, something attracted you to it in the first place. You may end up loving it.
If you applied to other schools, I would highly recommend attending one of them.

Otherwise, I would agree that community college is the best idea. You likely won't get any credit here, but it isn't that expensive. In the end you will get a good foundation in the courses that you will study your first year at a real university. this will give you a nice headstart.
 
Don't go by all the reviews you read, some people are just bitter. I have a friend that went to DeVry and he said it wasn't that bad. Plus he did get some job offers towards graduation but he's a big pansy and didn't want to move to the east coast, so he didn't take them. Ultimately he transferred his credits to University of Phoenix to do the online BS of IT there and he's doing fine.