Is my grant proposal taking too long to receive a response?

  • Thread starter Thread starter member 428835
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Time
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
member 428835
Hi PF!

I wrote a grant proposal under my academic adviser and I am wondering the typical wait period? The proposal was due Dec. 15, 2016 and I was told NASA was expecting to let me know in April (though my adviser said this seemed too early). It's now May and I haven't heard anything yet. From your experience, is this a bad sign?

Thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Not really. The government has only had a budget for a few days now, so the Program Managers haven't known how much they have to work with. If anything, it's a good sign, since they always have the option of rejecting a proposal no matter how much money they get.