loffus Messages 1 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Oct 28, 2011 #1 Hello! My dad reckons if you moved faster than the speed of light you would travel forward in time? Am I right in thinking this is ridiculous!
Hello! My dad reckons if you moved faster than the speed of light you would travel forward in time? Am I right in thinking this is ridiculous!
S_Happens Gold Member Messages 310 Reaction score 3 Oct 28, 2011 #2 I'm sitting here on the couch hardly moving, except my fingers to type this, and I'm traveling forward in time...
I'm sitting here on the couch hardly moving, except my fingers to type this, and I'm traveling forward in time...
Chronos Science Advisor Gold Member Messages 11,420 Reaction score 750 Oct 29, 2011 #3 Actually, FTL travel implies you travel backwards in time.
Pythagorean Science Advisor Messages 4,430 Reaction score 327 Oct 29, 2011 #4 where does lightning come into this...?
Simon Bridge Science Advisor Homework Helper Messages 17,871 Reaction score 1,653 Oct 29, 2011 #5 Most accessible description I've found: http://www.physicsguy.com/ftl/html/FTL_part4.html ... actually read all the parts. This one deals with causality violation and travel, yes, backwards in time.
Most accessible description I've found: http://www.physicsguy.com/ftl/html/FTL_part4.html ... actually read all the parts. This one deals with causality violation and travel, yes, backwards in time.