Is Treating 100 Classmates to a Lunar New Year Party Worth the Cost?

• Thread starter Khi Choy Xichdu
  • Start date
Khi Choy Xichdu
The Lunar New Year is approaching in my country, and I'm planning to celebrate the end of the year with my classmates. Since we haven't seen each other for a year, I thought it would be nice to organize a gathering at a local restaurant. The cost of everything in my area is significantly lower than in the US, ranging from 3 to 10 times cheaper. Considering this, I'm contemplating whether I should treat all 100 of my classmates to a meal. The total expense would amount to approximately $1000 - $2000, which is still less than the price of a flight ticket from the US to Vietnam.
What do you think?

Physics news on Phys.org
Why not just suggest the get-together to all of your classmates, and they can pay for themselves like a normal get-together. It seems like it would be a bit awkward for one class member to treat for all 100 others, unless you and your relatives own the restaurant or something.

• Love
Likes Khi Choy Xichdu
berkeman said:
Why not just suggest the get-together to all of your classmates, and they can pay for themselves like a normal get-together. It seems like it would be a bit awkward for one class member to treat for all 100 others, unless you and your relatives own the restaurant or something.
As a Buddhist, I hold deep reverence for all the opportunities bestowed upon me, including the chance to visit my classmates in Ho Chi Minh City with my wife on our annual journey from Da lat - Vietnam. Yet, mindful of my aging and ailing parents, I recognize that my future ability to embark on extensive travels may be limited. So I'd like to enjoy myself and have some fun while able.

1706348738784.png

Likes mcastillo356
Hi, @Khi Choy Xichdu, have a nice meeting. I really want you to enjoy the gathering you have in mind.
Peace & ❤️

mcastillo356 said:
Hi, @Khi Choy Xichdu, have a nice meeting. I really want you to enjoy the gathering you have in mind.
Peace & ❤️
Thank you. My wife and I are traveling around the town too to look and feel the atmosphere of the New Year in this poor city that is always crowded with people and bikes. :smile:

Likes mcastillo356